Welcome to my life :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My talented little man

Harper turned 19months on Saturday.  I can't believe how fast time has gone!  Of course I think he is the most talented, cutest, smartest baby in the world, but I'm supposed to, I'm his mommy.  Since life as we know it is about to get turned upside down I wanted to take a minute to jot down all the amazing things he can do.  

He knows baby sign language.  I will say who ever thought of this is a genious!  It has helped us avoid many a temper tantrum and he can communicate with us very well.  I owe it all to baby signing times and my friend who suggested this wonderful DVD.  It totally keeps his attention and I think he learns a new sign every time we watch it.

Here are signs he knows:
milk, 
juice, 
drink, 
eat, 
horse, 
bird, 
frog, 
please, 
thank you, 
ball, 
more, 
all done, 
cereal, 
cracker, 
diaper change,
banana, 
Santa, 
hat, 
baby

He is also talking up a storm!  I can't believe how many words he has.:
Mama, 
Dada, 
Papa, 
Nana, 
ball, 
Mickey, 
all done, 
what's that, 
wow, 
thank you, 
who's that, 
bus, 
car, 
football, 
ball, 
I sit, 
go, 
I get it, 
all gone, 
cracker, 
dog, 
Elmo,
uh oh
bye bye, 
giggle, 
up, 
ok, 
yes, 
yumm yumm, 
awww (when he hugs you)
ta da, 
Bubu (Buddy)

He also knows where a bunch of body parts are and what a lot of animals say.
He can point to his:
nose,
eyes,
mouth,
teeth,
tounge,
ears,
feet,
hands,
head,
tummy,
elbows

He can tell you what these animals do:
pig (points to nose)
cow (moos)
dog (ruff)
cat (meow)
horse (does sign language)
bird (does sign language)
Chicken (flaps arms like chicken wings)
monkey (scratches head)
frog (does sign language)
elephant (uses arm like a trunk)
sheep (baaa)
duck (quack)

I am totally a proud Mama!  I'm sure lots of toddlers can do all these things, but Harper amazes me everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment