Welcome to my life :)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Friends

I have to say I truly love my friends. They are the family I never had but always wanted.
Friends: family that you can choose for yourself.
I truly feel that way. I love my family, I should say my extended, I truly do, but I really love my friends.

I've always wished for a very close family. I have always seen super close brothers/sisters/cousins and been jealous. "Why don't I have that", I would say to my self. I wanted a brother to go places with and be protective of me. I wanted a sister to stay up late and share everything with. For some reason it always seems as though what you want the most in life is always one step away. The grass is always greener on the other side type of thing. My mom would say she always wanted my brother and I to be close and wasn't sure why we weren't or what went wrong. When I married into a huge, ginormas family I was sure I would have the siblings I always wanted. It ended up that we aren't so close either.

But through it all I have always had friends. People to turn to. People I trust. People to share things with. People who are there for me and I am there for them too.

And all though sometimes I feel as though my family is not there, I am blessed with wonderful friends who are and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment