Welcome to my life :)

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chris' Birthday

Yesterday was Chris' birthday. He didn't seemed too excited about the birthday this year. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said let's just do a family thing. I thought ok that's easy. We'll just have everyone over for dinner. Everyone could bring something. It will be at our house so everyone will have time with Harper. Good idea, right?

Harper had other plans. He decided that no one could hold him but me. Not even Chris. He also decided that he couldn't be put down. This made for such a wonderful afternoon for me. I couldn't cook or get anything together since I had a 20lb child on my hip. He wouldn't let me put him down even close by. I have never heard shrieks like the ones Harper made. SO high pitched they hurt your ears and tears gushing everywhere. I love that he loves me and that he is some what of a momma's boy, but this was ridiculous! They were all family that he knows and met before. Not strangers off the street I let in the house. I wasn't leaving him. I felt bad for the grandparents that don't get to see him very often and I felt bad for his Daddy that was getting screamed at on his birthday.

He ended up crashing towards the end of the day and we finally got a break from the screaming and Chris got to enjoy the end of his birthday dinner (I hope). He woke up as my parents were leaving and was happy again. I don't know if he really was upset and overwhelmed or if he just knows how to manipulate his mommy really well. Probably a little bit of both.

Harper and Daddy after everyone left. Thanks goodness his Daddy got some birthday love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment